Sunday, May 9, 2010

APRIL 2010

APRIL started with big events accompanied by gorgeous flowers downtown.
I LOVE spring flowers!









During the first weekend of April we had a great weekend with a girls night at Julie's home while the guys had a special night together at the Priesthood Session.



Don't these men look handsome? I can't believe I now have two grandsons old enough to go to the priesthood sesson!



With Easter being on the same Sunday as General Conference, we enjoyed many egg activities between sessions with an egg hunt, egg fights and an plastic egg-opening activity where we told the story of Easter. I can't believe we hunted for eggs & candy in the SNOW! Burr!



The next set of pictures are of a quick extended family vacation to San Diego for Melanie Shoell's wedding in the San Diego Temple. We drove down with Grandma Thomas, Sara & Josh, and Jon & I. Janelle, Patty and Jack flew down and met us. This first picture is of the harbor cruise we went on together. Beautiful Day! California weather is SOOOOOOO nice!



Beautiful view of the ocean from our 3rd floor condo room. Wow, what a view!



Fun down at the beach... but very cold.







Temple ceremony day at San Diego Temple





We had fun down at Old Town San Diego at the Mormon Battalion (newly opened) visitor's center.



Josh, was the volunteer to put on all the Mormon Battalion gear.



Out to Dinner - fun photo of Sara & Josh!



The day after returning from San Diego, we went to my Aunt June Baird's funeral up in Brigham City. She was the last one of that greatest generation to go to the other side. I'm sure she had a great reception of parents, family and friends.
This first picture is of all my sweet Baird cousins gathered together at the mortuary. I love all these special cousins. The next one is taken at the Brigham City cemetery.






At the end of April I enjoyed another little vacation....BYU Women's Conference! This is such a great tradition for my girls and me. We loved hanging out together, doing service together and becoming edified and strengthened in the process. Such a great two days!





Some time during the month on one of the days I babysat, I was able to get darling pictures of Janie and her Daddy in our backyard. Janie literally LOVES being outdoors, and cries when we come in the house. I love these pictures of her and her daddy.







These months are so full of family and fun. I feel so blessed!

1 comment:

Janelle! said...

Another amazing blog post! Wow, great job, Mom! I can see where Laura gets her gift of writing and posting from! How did you remember and include all that happened??? We have had a fun, family, busy couple of months! :) Love you!